Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rick Seltzer Park on an absolute PERFECT September day

So, since I am very pregnant (truth be told, due in just 14 days + hours) I took the opportunity with my 3 1/2 year old to make a last beach trip before baby comes and craziness reins. Panama City Beach has a ton of public beach access points, 96 to be exact, we decided to go to Rick Seltzer Park. Did I mention that September is the PERFECT beach month here? I contend that it is. Less crowd, less humidity, a bearable temperature, perfect water temperature, and did I say less crowds?

Here is a link to the park: http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/listings/attractions/rick-seltzer-park/ and one to Public Access on Panama City Beach http://www.visitpanamacitybeach.com/see/beach-access-map/


 
My happy beach bum on our beautiful emerald coast.

 
A view of the park entrance.

Richard Seltzer Park

 
Showers!
 
For those looking for public beach access, this worked for our family. They have a wooden walkway to the beach, more parking than most access points, SHOWERS AND BATHROOMS. For those of us with smaller children, a shower and bathroom is a biggie at the beach. Who wants to be sticky and get in a hot car? And my little paticular one does not want to be wet in the car (can I blame him?) and a change after the fun at the beach is a must for the is family. Most of the access points that we have driven by do NOT have these simple ammenities and, well, I don't want the hassle.
 
The down side: it is public. Meaning PUBLIC bathrooms. They are not ideal- yes they are on the beach- but frankly, I'm afraid to use them except to use the bench area to change my son. Public also implies interesting people watching, but thankfully mostly families were there and kids playing in the shallowed out water areas.
 
It looks like we have more beach spots to explore in the area....
 
     Jessica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment